Join us for the first annual Little Light House Grill-Off presented by Hasty Bake on Saturday, October 29th, from 11:30 am-4:00 pm.
Join backyard teams from around the community as they compete for the hearts, and stomachs, of their family, friends, and the public in an epic People's Choice competition to decide the Ultimate Little Light House Grillmaster. Spend the day taking in the sights and smells of cuisine, learning about Little Light House, enjoying bouncy houses and food trucks, and catching up with fellow grillmasters from Tulsa.
Mark your calendars now! Team sign-ups are now available!
LLH Grill-Off Team Information
LLH Grill-Off is a People's Choice competition. This is the best way to expose new folks to the community. Anything goes in this competition; the list is endless. Each team will be asked to provide 150-200 small bites for their entry. These are typically one-bite finger foods weighing around 1-2oz. You can, of course, serve more if you like. We encourage you to think creatively and competitively. It doesn't just have to be meat – sides, desserts, veggies – you have many options. The family, friends, and public that are judging will likely encounter many of the same dishes. You'll want to stand out among the crowd, so they remember your dish and your team number when it comes time to turn in their judging card.
- Food can be seasoned or par-cooked at home due to the timeline, but it is preferred that you do most of your cooking the day of, at the competition – it adds to the fun.
- Food safe practices must be followed.
- Each team is assigned a 10x10 cook site, and all their equipment, table, chairs, etc., must be contained within that space.
- Teams are encouraged to invite friends and family to attend and create a backyard BBQ atmosphere; however, no trailers, RVs, or loud amplified music are permitted (Bluetooth speakers are allowed, but music will be playing all day)
People's Choice Judging
People's Choice tasting kits include a commemorative frisbee, plate, flatware, poker chip, judging card, and pencil. Participants would be encouraged to taste as many team foods as possible and make notes on the card if a dish was exceptional (along with the number of the team who made the dish). After the tasting, the participants will review their notes and decide who they believe the winner should be. They will bring their poker chip to a central voting location and drop it in the bucket with the team number. This evens the playing field so that participants aren't pressured to vote at the team's booth. It also encourages them to try as many dishes as possible before voting, rather than voting early and discovering an exceptional word near the end of the voting period.
- Bathrooms and handwashing sinks will be available on site.
- Trash cans will be provided; each team is responsible for picking up trash and keeping their area clean and free of debris.
- After the event, a hot ashcan will be available to empty the remaining ash or coals.
- Dishes must be washed at your campsite, and please bring dishwashing supplies if needed. No dishwashing is permitted in the Little Light House.